I will be taking a two-week sabbatical from the blog in late-September/early-October. But I don’t want radio silence while I’m gone!
That’s where you (yes, YOU!) come in. I am looking for a few guest bloggers.
Here’s what I’m thinking:
- To spice things up (and make things easier for you), I’d like each guest review to be of the guest blogger’s favorite book.
- A typical IKWYSR review is about 700 words. That’s the approximate length toward which a guest blogger should be aiming.
- My preference would be for the guest reviews to be similarly formatted to the usual IKWYSR reviews (title/author/copyright, picture of the book cover, some stuff about the book, who should read it, etc.), but this is definitely open to discussion if you’re feeling especially creative.
- I need the reviews no later than September 15. (That’s almost a month. You can write 700 words in a month. I promise you.)
- I will do all the formatting of the reviews on the blog and make sure everything is ready for publication. All you need to do is send me the review in Word format with any pictures, videos, or hyperlinks you want included.
- I will schedule the guest posts for publication before I leave for vacation, and then let each guest blogger know on what day his/her post will go live. It will then be the guest blogger’s responsibility to hype him/herself appropriately (by sharing a link on IKWYSR’s Facebook page, on his/her personal Facebook page, on Twitter, etc.) when the post goes live.
If you have any questions or are interested in doing a guest post, please let me know by sending me a message here. THANK YOU!!!
UPDATE: My September/October guest-blogger slots have been secured. BUT if you are still interested in doing a guest post about your favorite book, please contact me. Assuming the first round of the Favorites Series is a success, I will do more in the future!